- If there is nothing wrong with acidity, it is better to take iron preparations
in the middle of a meal (at the height of appetite).
- Do not wash them down with tea, coffee, milk, or cheese or cottage cheese.
- Regularly take vitamin C together with foods that contain iron. Vitamin C increases the absorption of iron.
- Iron and zinc are in a competitive relationship and enter the cell through the same channel. Accordingly, if there is a lot of zinc, there will be no iron absorption; if there is a lot of iron, there will probably be a zinc deficiency. And if they come in equal amounts at different times of the day, the absorption will be equally good.
- It is impossible to raise ferritin while total protein is low. So we add a lot of protein, watch the intake - 1-1.5 g per kg of weight per day when treating.